Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sometimes it is hard to be accepted...

Do you know that feeling ? You proudly walk across the street/schoolyard/anywhere outside with your pincurled hair, polished shoes with white socks and flesh-tone thighs when suddenly a 6th grade girl/ asks you if you're not cold. No. The thighs were very thick. She asks you again and you say 'no' again. Then she asks you : 'Do you have any psychologial problems !?'. You just stand there and don't whether to say something or to walk away. I know that feeling, a girl said this to me today. I just answered 'No.' and walked inside the school. I hate it when people (especially young people) don't accept anything that looks different and say such things. I really don't like that, its so rude. Everyone is different and it is really impossible to satisfy people if you go your own way and dress the way you like. 

I have always looked different. I started wearing only black clothing and I died my hair red at the age of 10, knowing they wouldn't accept me, even if I looked the way they did. It gradually became a sort of gothic style which I wore for years and years. Then I was suddenly into victorian clothing and started to wear Japanese Lolita dresses. Since a year or two I'm all obsessed with anything old and vintage. I've always looked different and I am proud of that ;).I actually don't care what other people think of me. But when someone says something rude to me, I do think about it very much ...

 Do you have any experiences with people saying rude things about the way you dress ?


- Love, Jip. -

2 comments:

seannaapproved said...

Yes, I know the feeling. But you're already got an advantage, because you refuse to be cookie cutter. I salute you! And if that girl asks you if you have a psychological problem again, just say "No, do you?" :)

Anonymous said...

I think most people, who dress vintage, have had this kind of experience. However, this is only the back side of the coin. I am sure that you will also meet a lot of people, who will make sweet comments...!

In The Fedora Lounge there is a tread called "Comments You Get When You Dress Vintage" with the most incredible statements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...